Wednesday 26 February 2020

Stenciled and foiled Birthday Cards with Karen


It's that time of the year when I need several birthday cards for male friends and family.
I gathered several sheets of white card and spread Design-It paste through a stencil on each one. I used Ocean Blue, Shimmering Aquamarine and Copper.

These were left to dry before sprinkling them with Brusho Crystal colours and spraying with water. I used Turquoise, Sea Green and Cobalt on two and a mix of Sea Green and Sandstone on the Copper stenciled piece.

These pieces were trimmed to size once dry. The sentiment was cut from double-sided foam and Transfoil was stuck on to the correct side before sticking these to the panels.

The panels were stuck on to card bases and I used Flexiglue to stick on small wood stars. This held these in place while I added more glue to their surfaces and left this to dry until tacky. I then added Transfoil scraps to give the stars a matching shiny surface. This photo shows one finished (left) and one in process (right). The blue version is still in progress as I ran out of stars and need to find other embellishments.

So, a few more cards full of shine and texture ready to send off.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Karen
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...