Monday 17 February 2020

Blue Bird with Brusho's

Hello Colourcraft friends.  I love colouring on patterned papers.  Brusho's work perfectly for this, but if you are going to be using lots of water do test the papers first so you can see how it is going to react.





I started with a piece of Prima Wooden Boards paper and stamped and embossed a bird from Rubber Dance's new Textured Birds.  I used a small brush to paint his body with water and sprinkled Turquoise Brusho powder.    


Ta dah, instant colour inside the lines but with that cool Brusho sprinkle effect.  Once the colours have dried do be sure to brush away any loose powder that fell outside the wet area, otherwise you will be sure to find it in the wrong place next time you spritz!!! 


I water painted his head and sprinkled a tiny bit of Ost Blue Brusho.  It was a bit darker than I wanted so I added a few sprinkles of White Brusho powder.  It gave nice highlights.  Then I used Orange Brusho and the same technique for the beak.  



I used the small heart stamp in the bird set and red archival ink to stamp along the bottom of the card.  Then I sprinkled Leaf Green and a little bit of Sea Green Brusho and spritzed with water.  Uhhh.... I should have remembered to mask the bird before I went crazy with the water!!!  The Brusho colouring of course reactivated and I lost a bit of that cool marbling effect I had on his breast.  So do remember to mask!!!!   A sentiment strip and done.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz
Don't forget to share your makes using Colourcraft products in the
Create With Colourcraft fb group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...