Wednesday 30 January 2019

Painting with Water by Karen

Did you have those 'magic' books when you were a child, the type that, when you painted water over the image, the colour magically appeared? You had to be careful not to let the colours run in to each other to keep the colours strong and not end up with the same colour all over! I loved those books and I was reminded of them when I made this card.

I stamped the boy and girl on to watercolour paper with water resistant ink and masked them to add background features and then painted round them with water before adding my Brusho crystal colours. I pushed the colour around with a brush but it only goes to the wet parts of the image: Magic!

This needs to be dried thoroughly with a heat tool before painting in any details or the colours will run in to each other. For the smaller details on my images, I mixed the Brusho colours with some water and painted them in with a fine brush.

Once dry, I mounted this paper on to a card to finish.

There are a few tips and tricks for this in the video I made of the process:


I hope this was interesting and helpful to you. I am sure you have stamps that would lend themselves to these techniques: Enjoy!

Karen





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...