Wednesday 16 January 2019

Mixed Media tag by Karen


Hello all! By coincidence my tag today uses similar techniques to the Valentine heart that Sarah made here. As I've used black gesso on my project, it also shows you how fabulous the Brusho Acrylic Shimmer Sprays are on black as well as the white that Sarah used.

I started with a wooden tag (Tim Holtz etcetera) and used Soft form relief paste (now called DesignIt paste) through a stencil and added more lines and dots directly with the spatula to give the surface some texture.


Once dry, this was covered completely with black gesso and left to dry again.


The decorations were gathered together: A band of thin metal mesh, which I cut in two and then cut to get rid of the straight edges, a corrugated card heart, metal wings and some recycled corrugated card.

I splattered some gold Aztec metallic paint on to the heart and then dragged the brush across the corrugated paper so that it just hit the ridges.


The almost dry brush was then wiped over the tag so that it highlighted the texture in gold.


I then switched to the Brusho Acrlic Shimmer Sprays to add a beautiful sheen, first in gold...

and then in Copper to add warmer tones similar to the wings I planned to use.


Once these were dry, I glued on the decorations, layered for texture and depth.


I hope you like this project. If you haven't tried the shimmer sprays on black yet, I would urge you to: The effect is quite spectacular!

Thanks for passing by today
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...