Monday 19 November 2018

Christmas canvas banner with Ewelina

It's mid-November so call me crazy but I have already started working on my Christmas decorations!
Don't get me wrong, I am not displaying them anywhere yet - they're all going to nicely wait in a box in my studio until the first week December. I am not that crazy!


My first make is a canvas banner from Canvas Corp which I altered to hang on my front door when the time comes.


I started by priming the banner in Procion fixer, which comes as part of the Dytek Procion Dye Complete Starter Kit and will create a base for the Brusho sprays. I have done it last week so that it could air dry thoroughly. 
Once on my working table again, I sprayed it with Scarlet and Sea Green Brusho Sprays and left to dry.


Next, I used gold and bronze Metallic Fabric Paints to stencil on a Christmassy design.


While the paint was still wet, I generously sprinkled Gold and Bronze SprinkleIT to add texture to the stencil.


I purposefully made it uneven and added more SprinkleIt is some areas than others - I really like the distressed, grungy look.


What do you think?

Get ready for some more Christmas things when I'm back in two weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...