Friday 27 December 2019

Let It Snow



This week I have been making landscapes, including this winter landscape. These mini fabric creations look good mounted on a card, or framed as I've done here.

On the base of some blue suiting weight fabric, I started with the sky. With my fingers, I blended little wool with a couple of Angelina fibres: shimmer blue pearl & shimmer ultraviolet.
I attached these to the background with a felting needle, but glue works too.



Next, I layered some fabrics. You may recognise some of these fabric scraps from my blogs this year, the snowy hill in the distance was from screenprinting with fibres. There are some pieces of painted Tyvek and Lutradur from this year included too. I used a Gemstone Glue Pen to hold the pieces in place.


I chose to add some free machine stitching with Gutermann sulky 4071 variegated thread.


Next, I added some titanium white acrylic paint to some of the fabric, and then sprinkled on some iridescent silver glitter crystals


Here is the trimmed,  mounted landscape in an upcycled frame:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...