Recently I started to participate in the #The100dayproject - I will be writing more about that at a later date, but the cool thing is that I got involved with a small group of textile artists and some of us have exchanged things and this project was inspired by a couple of them!
It all started with an exchange! I got a couple of lovely dyed fabrics by Sue from Sue Dreams in Colour and added one of my own to the mix.
I then wove these together and stenciled it using a small mylar stencil (flower frenzy) and Pastel Pearl Fabric Paint.
While this dried, I decided to use a technique that Fran Harkes from McAnaraks had been playing with- that is melting Tyvek over rubber stamps to get interesting textures.
First I painted my Tyvek with Aztec Eco Metallic paints.
small grungy butterflies from Rubber Dance Stamps. So I inked up the plate, laid my tyvek painted side down over the stamp, laid a piece of parchment paper on top, and pressed with a warm iron. Tyvek shrinks with heat- but gets an impression of the stamp using this technique.
I carefully clipped out a couple of them and sewed them fast to my mini quilt.
There is so much interesting texture using these stamps and this technique!I also had bought the Round in Circles stamp set- this time I pressed my tyvek on the stamp without ink. I also used the same stamp to add more texture to a new mini quilt.
Here is the result so far.
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon.