Wednesday 15 May 2019

Mixed Media Card with Suzi

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you my latest creation, A Mixed Media Card using Eco Acrylic Paints, my large Gelli Plate and Coloured Pencils.  You might want to grab a cuppa, as this is going to be a rather long post, as I show you how I created my background paper and then my card.

Here's my Card;

Now I'd like to show you how I created my background. Here are the supplies I used;

8 x 10 inch Gelli Plate
Eco Acrylic Paints in Cerulean Blue, Cadmium Yellow Deep Hue, Prussian Blue, Titanium White and Magenta
Assorted Stencils
Sponges
Brayer

The First Step is to start adding paint to your Gelli Plate, through assorted stencils, letting the paint dry between layers;


You want to fill your Gelli Plate until you end up with something like this;

Next you want to add a thin layer of paint over the whole plate, so you can pull your print;
Now Add a sheet of paper, rub all over and gentle remove from your Gelli Plate.

Here's the pile of papers I created after repeating this process a few time, using assorted stencils, but the same paints.
As you can see I ended up with lots of wonderful papers, plenty to choose from for this project and more for later projects.

Here's the piece of paper I decided to use, trimmed down to fit a 5 x 7 inch card blank, layered onto a piece of contrasting card stock;

Then it was time to create my focal image, I chose Boho Anya; I stamped her in permanent ink, then coloured her face and arms with Koh-I-Noor  Polycolour Coloured Pencils.

I decided to Paper Piece her hair and outfit, so I stamped her a few more times onto the background papers I'd created, and cut out sections from each one to create her outfit and hair;

I then glued all the pieces together with pva glue, and add some shading with the coloured pencils, and redefined the lines with a black fineliner pen.

I then diecut some Sun shapes from one of the yellow papers, sponged the edges with Prussian Blue paint and added to the card.  I also stenciled the words 'With Love' using Prussian Blue paint.  I added a doodles border around the whole card and around some of the patterns with White Paint Pen.

Finally I added Boho Anya to complete my card.
I love how the finished card looks, the colours all tie together as I kept to the same limited colour palette throughout the whole project.  The Eco Acrylic Paints are great fun to use with the Gelli Plate, and have lots of pigment in them, so you get really strong colours.  The Koh-I-Noor PolyColour Pencils blend beautifully together, so you can create wonderful definition by layering them over themselves and the acrylic paints.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I created my card.  I certainly had lots of fun creating it for you.
That's all from me for today
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...