Saturday 11 August 2018

Wrapped Journal

Hi Everyone!

Sarah here with you today on the blog and I have a wrapped journal project to share with you and also this month we are teaming up with Crafty Roo Designs featuring their fabulous stamps!


My first step was to take some canvas and spritz with water, I sprinkled it with Brusho in Sandstone, Yellow Ochre and Sunburst Yellow, spritzed with water until I had the fabric dyed the way I wanted it then dried completely.


Next step was to glue the fabric to some matboard, I used pritt stick (it works surprisingly well) and run this through my big shot, using the Eileen Hull wrapped journal die, this pre-cuts and scores everything for you and also the pressure of the die cut machine helps bond the fabric to the board.


Once the fabric and board were cut, I added some Brusho acrylic spray in the colour Sandstone, I took the spray nozzle out of the bottle and tapped it over the fabric covered journal to create some big splatters, I then dried with a heat tool.


I took my new Crafty Roo textures stamps and some sepia and jet black archival ink and randomly stamped across the whole of the fabric cover.

The stamps I used are the Code and Dotties Stamps they are a great price too and would be great for art journaling and mixed media work!


I also used the Sepia archival ink and ran this around the edges of the journal to add definition and finished off the journal by adding some velvet lace and fibres.


I hope you liked today's project and I look forward to seeing you soon

Sarah x





Warning: getimagesize(include/images/thumbnails/125/36395): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/smouwen.nl/thumblinky.nl/preview.php on line 85

Warning: getimagesize(include/images/thumbnails/125/36396): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/smouwen.nl/thumblinky.nl/preview.php on line 85

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...