Wednesday 8 August 2018

Stand Out Index Card with Suzi

Good Day All, Today it's my pleasure to share with you another Index Card I've created.  This month we are teaming up with Crafty Roo Designs, so I've had a great time playing with some of there excellent stamps.

The stamps I've used are as follows,

Here's how I created my project;
The first thing I did was to stamp the Bulb and Stand Out sentiment onto Watercolour Paper with a permanent inkpad.
I then started to create my background on a 6 x 4 inch piece of Watercolour Paper. I stamped the Creative Bulb in permanent ink creating a repeat design until the paper was fully covered.
Next I stamped the Creative Bulb onto sticky notes a few times and cut them out to create masks.  I applied the masks and stamped the Textures-Code over the whole card until no gaps remained.
The next step was to colour the background and Bulb with Brusho powders;
I used Lime Green, Violet, Alizarin Crimson, Orange and Sunburst Lemon. I also added some Brusho SprinkleIt in Irridescent Flash onto the main Bulb.

I decided I wanted more contrast between the background and main image, so I added a coat of white gesso to the background.  I also added some brown and white bakers twine.

Then it was time to add some Aztec Eco Metallics to the Bulb, I used the Standard Gold and Antique Gold. I love how metallic these paints are, so highly packed with colour they really do shine.  If you've not got any then now is the perfect time to try them, as they are currently in the Special Offers section of the Store, along with lots more gorgeous paints at brilliant prices (available until 31st Aug 2018)

I then decided to added some Drips and Splatters of the Metallic paints to the background of my card.
I added water to the paints to help them drip, but you don't loose any of the wonderful shine.

I then added my large Bulb to the background;
I added a few lines of brown paint to define the base of the bulb, and some brown splatters to the background to tie it together.  As a final touch I decided to added a layer of Heavy Gloss Gel Medium to the Bulb to give it a glass like finish.

Here are some close ups;

I love how the SprinkleIt shines through the Gloss Medium, giving you a wonderful sparkle aswell as the Glass like glaze.

I hope you've enjoyed my project this week, I had great fun creating it.
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...