Saturday 31 August 2019

Crazy Block with Painted Effects

I recently stocked up on some fun Colourcraft products when I visited The Festival of Quilts, so I decided to play around with some of these things and made a super cute Crazy Quilt inspired block!


 I first started by photocopying a page from a Japanese book which I then transferred to a piece of calico with Image Transfer Medium . This involved applying the medium to the printed side of the copy, applying it to the calico and letting it dry, and then spraying water on the paper to remove excess paper leaving just the image.



I then added some color with Brushos and a bit of glitz with SprinkleIT.
I then added a bit of Gesso to make a space for my stamp, and used a stencil with DesignIT paste to add my next layers.
 
Once my DesignIT paste stenciling was dry,  I stamped my image with StazOn ink and a beautiful stamp from Crafty Roo Designs called "Bob Robin", I then used another stencil and applied some ExpandIT.

I then added some Brusho and heated up the ExpandIT with a heatgun.
I love the texture! But I decided to add some more of the DesignIT to really show off that stencil. This time I blended silver and copper to make rosegold. 
And here is the finished product all ready for stitching!

 I hope you enjoyed this project! I'm certainly going to be exploring these materials further!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...