Wednesday 27 June 2018

Summer Journal page with Suzi

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you a page in my art journal celebrating Summer.

To start my page I collaged some Kitchen Towel that i'd used to soak up excess Brushos on a previous project with some White Gesso to give me a base for my design.
I then used the leftover Yellow Gloss Gel Medium from my previous project along with a Sun Ray stencil to create my Sun; adding the remaining gel medium to the bottom and sides of the page.
Next I added Brushos in Sea Green and Turquoise along with some SprinkleIt in Iridescent Gold, I repeated this process until I was happy with the colours I'd achieved.
I then added some Brushos in Gamboge to the centre of the Sun along with more SprinkleIt in Iridescent Gold.  I also added a little White Gesso to the sea and sky for some contrast.
Before the White Gesso had dried I added some more SprinkleIt and water, which brought some of the blue through the Gesso to create a lovely sparkly sea.  I then added a Digital Stamp from Oddball Art Stamps, coloured with Alcohol Inks.
Here are some close ups of the Sun and Sea, so you can see the wonderful sparkle and texture;


The Texture and Sparkle look even better in real life. I can't wait to play with the other variations of the SprinkleIt powders.

That's all from me for today, I do hope you've enjoyed my post and project
Have a Wonderful Day
Suzi
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...