Wednesday 18 March 2020

Thankful Animals Index Cards with Suzi

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you my latest creations using some of the fabulous products available in the ColourCraft store; For Today's projects I've used Black & Natural ExpandIT Paste, Brusho Crystal Colour Powders, Metallic Lustre Paint and Eco Acrylic Paint.

The first thing I did was to Die Cut some Elements for my Index Cards, including a Geo Butterfly, Geo Rabbit and A sentiment block.  I used a Rainbow Mirri Card for these elements;




I also used a die that resembles sequin waste, I used this along with some Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in Gamboge, Lime Green and Alizarin Crimson to create a patterned paper.



I sprinkled the same Brusho Crystal Powders through the sentiment block;

I created a couple of sheets of paper using Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in Gamboge, Orange and Dark Brown to go behind some of my die cut animals.

Once all the papers were dry, I adhered my die cuts to the papers and then fussy cut around the die cute to create my focal images.


I then had a rummage in my stash and found some Index Cards onto which I'd added ExpandIt Paste and heat set it.  One background was made using  Black ExpandIt Paste with a thin coat of Copper Lustre Paint over it.  One background was made using Natural ExpandIt Paste mixed with Cadmium Yellow Eco Acrylic Paint.  The other two backgrounds were created with Natural ExpandIt Paste which I'd then covered with different shades of Green Eco Acrylic Paint.

I then set about adding my elements to the Index Cards with the addition of some staples, decorative die cuts and dew drop embellishments.

Here's my finished Index Cards;






I had great fun creating these Index Cards, I love how the Rainbow Mirri Card catches the light and contrasts the Brusho backgrounds I created for the die cuts. I love the texture the ExpandIt Paste creates, I've still got a couple of Index Cards in my stash that have ExpandIt backgrounds but no focal points yet, they are a great thing to keep for future projects.

I hope you've enjoyed reading how I created my Index Cards; Index Cards are a wonderful thing to craft on, they are a lovely size, so perfect for experimenting and trying new products and techniques.
That's all from me for today, I hope you have some time to relax and craft
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...