Friday 27 March 2020

Floral Wreath Tote Bag by Teresa

Hello and welcome to my project for today. I have a pretty painted cotton tote bag - certain to brighten even the dullest of days.



I began by drawing a rough circle on one side of the tote with a pencil - you could draw round a plate or find the centre and use a piece of string like I did here:



I applied a thin layer of fabric paint to the foam stamps with brush, then stamped onto the bag, using the circle as a guide:



Next I added some leaves:



I continued to work around the circular design using different stamps and colours of paint:



Finally I added gold dots using the eraser end of a pencil. I placed some in the centre of the flowers, and some just to fill in spaces around the other stamped images.



Once happy with the design, allow to dry, then iron on the reverse to set the paint.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...