Friday 10 January 2020

Home is Where You Hang Your Heart

I don't know whether it's that I'm recovering from the "Festive Flu", or the dark, damp days, but I'm really appreciating being at home! This got me thinking about the saying "Home is Where Your Heart Is" which caused me to remember the other saying "Home is Where You Hang Your Heart", which I used for this hanging.



Sorry, it's not a great photo, but the dull day has quickly turned dark so my glass cabinet was the only place I could find to have light shining through the heart to show the glass paint. I am planning to hang it up in my porch so I will hopefully post a better photo on Instagram

First I cut a couple of hearts from some of the cardboard I save to upcycle. I cut a heart "hole" in each. I then painted them with white gesso and left this to dry.



Then I painted one side of each heart with metalic gold paint.



Once this was dry I sprayed these gold sides with gold and bronze Brusho Shimmer spray and then sprinkled on some SprinkleIT gold to really get them glitzy.




While this was drying I wrote my quote on an acetate sheet with a black glass outliner. I also drew a heart with the outliner which when dry I filled in with some glass paint.




I then took some Shimmering Deep lagoon & Shimmering Coral Red Angelina fibres and laid them over the patchwork heart stamp which I had inked with Stazon.



I then covered this with baking parchment and used a dry medium iron to fuse the fibres ( and the ink design) together. 

I made three hearts with Angelina so I could create a 3D effect under the large heart, also using invisible thread and some pink and gold beads

I sandwiched the acetate between the two card hearts with glue and left them to dry.




I hope you are enjoying your home, and especially being able to craft. 

If you would like to sew some hanging hearts rather than paint some, then I have some heart kits available.


Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...