Monday 27 January 2020

Mixed media recycling project with Brusho

Hi everyone! 
Today, I have for you a little recycling project. You know when you have a sheet of keyboard and you pop out all the elements... you are left with something that you'd normally put in the bin, right? Well... I decided to play and utilise mine as a base for mixed media projects that can be used as... an unusual card (rather than a traditional paper one) or cool piece of home decor.


Here's how I made it:


Start by preparing the sheet - I used ivory matte chalk paint.


Choose Brusho powder which will be the colour of your project - I went for Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna and Copper SprinkleIt to make it look a little bit rusty. Mist it with water as much as you wish creating lovely puddles of colours on the base. 


The awesome thing about using the 'negatives' is that you can leave them as they are with the holes or back them with paper of your choice adding to it another texture or design. Here I backed it with paper with vintage registration plates.


Using a puddle of Burnt Sienna, I stamped out coffee stains and fussy cut them to use as embellishments later on. (the stamp is from Crafty Too Designs)


I covered floral greyboard elements (from Lisa Horton Crafts) with Copper SprinkleIt - this made them look rusty and shiny at the same time.


For a feminine touch, I added a lacy ribbon with a big bow - I build the layers of embellishments around it. You can see it in the close-ups below:



Now, the project is finished, all I need to figure it is which wall in the house it will live on.

See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...