Monday 6 January 2020

Thinking of You with Brusho's and Aztec Paints

Hello Colourcraft friends.  Gail here.  Happy New Year to you all from me.  Now Christmas is over we start looking forward and soon the season of hearts and flowers will be with us.   Today I want to share a hearty card I made using Scarlet Brusho Powder, Copper Aztec paint and some die cuts.


I've used Poppystamps Perched Fairy and the Heart Swoosh die, which I thought would give her the perfect place to perch.


I started by making the background panel.  I cut a heart shape from an old magazine.   The glossy paper survives getting wet a bit better, and I was throwing it away anyway, so it seemed ideal.  I placed the paper heart in the center of my white card, spritzed with water and sprinkled Scarlet Brusho powder.  Then I removed the heart mask.  Ta dah!!!  Heart shaped white space.


I took some glossy card and a small amount of Copper Aztec paint on a wide brush and dry brushed the paint onto the paper.  I wanted a sort of metallic woodgrain effect.


I used a stitch die to cut my Brusho panel and mounted on a red base card.  I cut the Heart Swoosh die from the Copper Aztec painted card, and then cut the fairy from black card.  I decided not to cut her wings, so she's just a girl, sitting on a swoosh, thinking of you.

Thanks for visiting today.  Leave me a comment so I know you dropped by.  Don't forget to share your makes using Colourcraft products in the Create with Colourcraft fb group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...