Monday 24 June 2019

Simple Cards with Brushos and Brusho Accessories

Hello Colourcraft friends. Gail here today with some simple cards I made with the help of Brushos and some Brusho Accessories.  Did you know that in addition to making the lovely Brusho powders Colourcraft also have a load of additional products to make them even more fun!!  Today I used Brusho powders, the fabulous Brusho Travel Palette, useful even when at home!, Wax Resist Sticks and the Clear Spray Bottle
Take a look at my cards.


 
I'd like to introduce you to the Brusho Travel Palette, just in case you haven't come across it before.  12 airtight crystal clear pots in a tray.  It's my new best friend!!!  The little pots fit snugly in their wells and now I can take my 12 most favourite Brusho's out and about, or even just in my craft room without worrying about knocking them over or spilling them everywhere.  I also love the mixing areas and brush rests.  As I said, my new best friend. 



I started off with four of my favourite Brusho colours , Sunburst Lemon,  Leaf Green, Emerald Green and Turquoise.   I sprinkled a bit in the pots and then spritzed with water from the Clear Spray Bottle.  Love this too!!  It's a perfect size at 60ml, not too big, not too small, and the spray is fine, but controlled, so you don't end up spritzing the whole table!!  There is also a lock, which means it won't leak if you take it out and about.   


To make my card I embossed a piece of white card with this dandelion embossing folder.  I used the Wax Resist Stick and rubbed it over the embossed areas.  Then I just used a brush and applied my colours from the Brusho Travel Palette pots randomly over the embossed panel.
Loved it so much I made some more!!


OK, I admit I got a bit carried away and forgot to take more step by step pictures.  Top right is the dandelion folder one.  I also used another flower folder, one with arrows and a retro circle folder.  I love how the wax resist leaves the embossed areas white.


I cut the panels with a double stitch rectangle die and mounted on blue card bases.


I love the bright colours with the white embossed areas.  Can't decide whether to leave them as they are or add sentiments.  These were really quick and fun to make.


Thanks for dropping by.  I hope you have enjoyed my cards, and also seeing some of the accessory products, and I hope you get time to be crafty today.  Hugz

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! I need to find some of those wax sticks here in the states. :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE these, Gail!! I came over from your Crafty Nomad blog and am completely enchanted. Thank you for introducing me to the Brusho accessories. I had not heard of these products before. Your cards are just smashing!! I adore the summer colors and the way you wax resisted the patterns on the embossing folders. Gorgeous!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...