Friday 21 June 2019

Faux Batik Effect Affirmation Book

Good morning!! I am in love with this Khadi cotton rag paper. It absorbs the Brusho Crystal Colour so well, keeping it bright and vibrant. I have created a mini affirmation book with a faux batik effect using Eco Acrylic paint.


I began by applying white Eco Acrylic paint through a stencil, and allowed it to dry: 



Next I mixed up some Brusho colours in the resealable palette. It's such a great little palette - I just added a small amount of Brusho to each pot, then used the spray bottle to add some water. It's great that you can pop a lid on any left over watercolour and it won't dry out.


I took a paintbrush and painted the colour onto the zig zag paper book, allowing the colours to blend into one another.


The acrylic paint acts as a resist creating a faux batik effect. 

I wanted to add a little definition to the 'covers', so added some gold embossing powder around the edges.


Next, I added an eyelet and some sari silk ribbon as a closure:


Finally, I added some sentiment stickers to the pages. There is still plenty of room for a little journaling or a picture to be added.





Thanks so much for stopping by today - I hope that you enjoyed my tutorial!!











1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...