Friday 7 June 2019

Do You Believe In Fairies? by Teresa

Hello and good morning! 
I am thrilled to be here as part of the Colourcraft Design Team this year, and today I am sharing my first project with you all.
I love the clean bright colours you get using Brusho powders and wanted to create a pretty summery project as the sun has been shining here in the UK.


I began by taking a piece of mountboard and stencilled a floral design across the top corner using white modelling paste.


Once this was dry I mixed some Turquoise Brusho powder with water to create a wash and covered the whole panel. I added a sprinkling of Sea Green Brusho powder to the bottom right area and spritzed with water to activate it.


This created an interesting 'foliage' texture as well as adding a mottled effect on the turquoise wash.


I sped up the drying time with a heat tool then used a fan brush to speckle gold metallic acrylic ink across the piece. This has a really pretty shimmer to it, and really helps to add interest to the background.


I wanted a bit more texture along the bottom so added some coloured decorative sand mixed with gel medium. Only a little, but I feel it made a difference.



Next I took some die cut flowers and leaves and coloured with more Brusho powders. I just dabbed the colour on loosely with a paintbrush so as not to blend the colours together too much.


Now it was time to assemble the finished piece. I arranged the die cuts along the bottom and added my 'fairies' - Tim Holtz paper dolls with wings! I added some Stickles to the wings for extra sparkle. The figures are attached with 3d foam for dimension.


I stamped the sentiment and cut the words apart, inking the edges before gluing in place. I also added a border around the edge using Distress Ink.


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and are inspired to create your own fairy garden! Thanks so much for stopping by today.







1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Tutorial Teresa, using it as a guide for a swap postcard, using what supplies I have!! .....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...