Monday 18 March 2019

Fun With Brusho's

Hello.  Gail here today playing with some Brusho powders.  I just wanted to try a few things and making a dotty background using Brusho's in water and a drinking straw seemed like a fun idea.  


I used the Brusho background for my stamped flowers.  Here's what I did.....


Dilute a sprinkle of the Brusho powder in water.  I'm starting with Emerald and Leaf Green.  Working on some watercolour paper dip a thin drinking straw into the Brusho watercolour and touch the paper to make a drop.  Dip and repeat many times.  


Here I've added Sea Green to fill in the gaps and started with Ost Blue around the edges.  I realise that this looks particularly unimpressive but bear with me........


I used a flower stamp from Uniko and stamped and fussy cut three flowers.  OK, I realise now I could have just stamped the flowers and then just 'dotted' on them, but actually, making the background was quite relaxing, and it gave me more choice on where to stamp my flowers for the most ascetic colours.



I die cut some centers from black card and used some large half pearls to complete the flowers.


 
I used the diluted Ost Blue, a flat brush and a ripped piece of paper as a mask and tinted the edge of a white card base



I arranged the flower along the tinted card edge and stamped a sentiment from Rubber Dance.  


I hope you enjoyed my project today.
Get out your Brusho's and have fun!  Hugz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...