Wednesday 25 September 2019

'Happy' tag with Karen


I have used this month's theme of autumn colours to create a tag that I can hang on the wall. The photo of this lady just makes me smile everytime I look at it so I wanted to be able to see it often!









I started by colouring a sheet of waterproof paper using acrylic inks in autmnal colours. These were dropped on to the sheet when it had already been sprayed with water so the colours run and pooled together for soft shades of colour. I colour-matched some ribbon by dragging it through these colours while the sheet was still wet.

At this stage I have to apologise for the lack of photos: I took lots but, when I came to look at them, all I had was a bunch of error messages: The card had failed so this is all I have of the materials gathered ready to create the tag! This included a rectangle of Lutradur fabric.

The wooden tag was prepared with a coating of clear gesso and then layered with scraps of book paper. For more layers and texture, I stamped the tag with a text stamp and a mix of white acrylic paint with the tiniest touch of yellow mixed in to make a light cream colour. I particularly wanted to point out the rectangle of Lutradur which I heated round the edges to get a lovely wrinkled and lacy effect. I also sprayed it lightly with Bronze Shimmer Spray.

The coloured sheet of paper, also lightly sprayed with Bronze Shimmer Spray, was die-cut in to flowers and these were layered with some sequins to embellish the tag.

I hope this tag has made you smile. Thanks for reading.
Karen

Materials:
Acrylic Inks
Eco acrylic paints


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...