Wednesday 24 April 2019

Notebook cover by Karen


It's not possible to have too many notebooks, is it? I have lots in use and also a few plain kraft covered ones that are begging to be covered so today's project is one of those. I gathered a notebook and some watercolour paper, cutting one piece to slightly smaller than the notebook.

The first step was to stamp all over the cover paper with gold paint which I also applied to the edges. I find gold always blends in beautifully with kraft paper.

This dried almost immediately so I then spritzed the paper with water and sprinkled some Sea Green and Turquoise Brusho powders over in a fairly random fashion making sure I also kept some white space. I also covered another scrap of paper in Turquoise Brusho powder and another piece in gold paint ready to create a title for my book.

Once dry, I diecut the 'notes' letters from the blue card and mounted it on the gold.
I then used the same technique I used on my cards < here > to mix Brushos and glue to create some textured dots. However, once dried I realised these looked a bit lost on their own.

Soft relief paste (now called Design-It paste) to the rescue! I used Shimmering Aquamarine through a stencil to add more relief and pull everything together. I am now happy to have another notebook ready to use!

Are you a notebook fan? I think its nicer to have them decorated yourself, that you can be proud of everytime you pick it up. I hope you agree and feel inspired to decorate your own.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...