Monday 29 April 2019

Mermazing Shimmer with Aztec Paints

Hello Colourcraft friends.  Gail here today with a shimmery mermaid.


I thought the Aztec paints would make wonderful fish scale effects.  


I started by stamping Prima Mermaid on a large piece of white card and colouring her skin and tail with a thin coat of Green Aztec Metallic Luster Paint.


Then I used gold for her bikini top and headband and yellow for her hair.  I added a couple more layers of green to her tail to intensify the colour and then used a small brush and blue Aztec paint to make the scale effect.  I also added a thin layer of the blue over the end of the tail.  


I used Sea Green Brusho powder in water and gave the background a rough water colour wash.  Let it dry.


Then I used Ultra Marine Brusho powder in water and completed my background wash.  I like that the Brusho's layer rather than blend, as long as you let them dry and don't work them too much.


To finish I added some Turquoise Brusho sprinkles, some subtle stamping and a sentiment from Unity Stamps.  

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope you have a mermazing day.  Hugz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...