Monday 1 April 2019

Aztec Flamingo

Hello Colourcraft friends.  Gail here starting the April fun here at the Colourcraft blog.  Today I want to share a quick and simple card using Colourcraft Aztec paint and Brusho powders.  We all sometimes need a quick card so I hope you like it.



I started by painting a piece of scrap card with pink Aztec Lustre craft paint.  Then I die cut using a flamingo die.  Isn't that just the perfect colour!!  And I love that the shimmer makes the details so clear.


I decided to use a black card base to best show of my shimmering flamingo.  I die cut some more scraps with a stitch landscape die and coloured them with a weak Ost Blue watercolour wash.  Just use a little sprinkle in a small container and add some water.  This blue is quite intense so I used quite a lot of water.


 I found a pink base card that was a good match, but decided to make it perfect by painting a frame of the same pink Aztec paint.


 Fluff up your flamingo's wing, add him to the card and done!!  I decided not to add a sentiment.  I can always do that later, but for now it's an any day card.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...