Monday 4 February 2019

Splat Into Spring with Aztec Paints

Hello.  Gail here today.  I am always impressed by a good splat.  It took me a while to get the hang of it.  I think the important thing is to give yourself plenty of space to splat.  There's nothing more restrictive that worrying about other supplies in the vicinity and nothing more frustrating than having to try and clean a wayward splat from said supplies.  I love the mood a well placed splat can add to your project, whether it be modest or exuberant, simple or messy.  I decided I needed some brights and some exuberance, so I grabbed some Aztec Paints, a large paintbrush and got splatty.  


Here's the card that has resulted from my spring inspired splats.  In Norway it's Mother's day next weekend so I decided to make a suitably floral creation.


In order to be satisfyingly exuberant I took my splatting to the driveway.   I decided to use a piece of A3 glossy card, just to make sure I had enough to choose from.  I used a 2" brush and a generous amount of Aztec Metallic Lustre paint.  I started with Yellow, and then moved on to Pink.


Once they had dried I used Aquamarine and then Purple. 


I did the final layers with Blue and then some Gold and moved indoors to take my picture.  Light levels drop rapidly at this time of year in Norway.  I know this looks busy, but remember it's an A3 sheet.  


I cut Stamplorations Zen Coffee 2 coverplate die from bronze card and then used my craft knife to remove the handle off the cup and everything above it, leaving the outside frame.


I found a piece of my splat master board that was quite light and bright and stuck down the bronze die cut.  


I stamped a flower from Stamplorations Trendy Spring Blooms 8 times with black archival and fussy cut them.  I used the matching die to cut the outlines from the bronze card and stuck them together.  


I wanted a hot pink base card, but couldn't find any hot pink card, so decided to use the Pink Aztec Metallic Lustre paint to paint a frame on a white base card.  No need to paint the whole card, most of it won't be seen.  


I stuck it all together, filled the bowl with the flowers and added some blue beads from my stash to the flower centers.  It's bright and fun and I hope it might encourage spring to put in an appearance soon.  

I hope you are cosy and warm, where ever you are, and I hope you get some time to play with paints and inks today.  Hugz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...