Monday 18 February 2019

A Spring Card with Brusho's and Aztec Paints

Hello.  Gail here today.  I am soooooo ready for it to be spring!!  The days are starting to get longer, the snowdrops are flowering and now I am just waiting for all the new leaves to open and nature to deck the world in 100 shades of green.  I decided to use some green brusho's and green and gold Aztec paints and make a little welcome spring card.



I started by sprinkling Leaf Green and Emerald Brusho's on a sheet of card and spritzing with water.  Ooh, the magic!  It's almost like a burst of spring happening right in front of me!!


I took this beautifully detailed Leaves Background stamp from Lost Coast Designs and using a sponge applied Gold Aztec paint and stamped on my Brusho background.  Remember when you are stamping with paint to wash your stamp as soon as you are finished stamping.


Then I added some Green and Gold Aztec paint splats.


I used some of the brusho background and a die to cut some leaves.  I added some gold highlights with the Gold Aztec paint and then edged the leaves using a black marker.  Then I used a stitch stamp from Rubber Dance Grunge Borders and black ink to stamp the mid-rib detail.  


The Geisha stamp is also from Rubber Dance, stamped and embossed with black powder on another piece of the Brusho background.  I distressed the edges of the geisha panel and the background with my craft knife and inked them with black ink and grunged up the background a bit with some black smudges.  I added three of the leaves and mounted it all on a black card base.  

Thanks for checking out my card.  I hope you have time to get crafty today.  Hugz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...