Friday 1 September 2017

Autumnal Brusho Card With Clare

Hi everyone Clare here. Today I have an Autumnal Birthday Card to share with you. My inspiration came the other day while I was driving and a big fat brown leaf floated down from a huge old tree while I was sat in traffic. The multi shades of patchy brown just had to be re created. I hope you enjoy my project and will leave me a comment to let me know what you think!



You will need, a gelli plate, Dark Brown Brusho, water colour card, kraft card and a 5X7 card base. Stamp set used is by Chocolate Baroque and is called Wisteria Lane.



To begin, create a mat layer with Kraft and adhere to the base card stock. Cut a matching layer from water colour card. Gently dust the gelli plate with a small amount of Dark Brown Brusho and spritz with a fine mist of water.


Carefully lift the gelli plate and place it where you want it onto the water colour card. Press it to make the water smoosh about. Be careful when removing the gelli plate from the card so it does not make a splatter elsewhere.


Take the beautiful flower image and ink up with your preferred ink, in this case I used Stazon Jet Black. Stamp the image where you would like it to be, off centre and to one side looked best in this case.


Take a black pen and write around the edge your Birthday greeting. Add any other accents and highlights you wish. I added soem detail into the flowers with a white gel pen.


Mount the finished card front onto the base and you are done.

Thanks so much for visiting.


1 comment:

  1. Brushos and gelli plate in one project - what's not to like! And a beautiful result, I love that you've allowed it to be a focus, not "just" a background.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...