Wednesday 10 October 2018

A frosty morn winter card by Karen

Here in NW France, we are having fabulously sunny days which also means clear nights and cold mornings. This card was inspired by the sun coming up on a clear morning when you get that hint of pink in the sky. The snow was just imagination, or wishful thinking, though as it is extrememly rare that we ever get any!

I started by sprinkling Cobalt, Violet and Vermillion Brusho colours on to heavy weight watercolour paper and spraying them with water, adding more colour, more water and tipping the paper towards the top and bottom, letting the colours run in to each other.


Once I had the look I was trying to create I left it to dry while preparing my snowy scene.


I die cut a row of houses from the same paper and used the back of the left over piece as a stencil to add glossy white soft relief paste to the bottom of the card. I also added the paste to the row of houses. I gave these a heavy sprinkling of Sprinkle-It in Irridescent Flash for sparkly snow.

Once these were dry I used silver mirror card to back the house windows, to layer the scene and for a die-cut sentiment. I hope you can see the sparkle that the Sprinkle-It gives: It is a beautiful effect and the paste holds it so that it doesn't fall off like glitter. Many people have lots of cards to make this time of the year so I hope this has given you an idea of one style you could use. You could even set up a little production line!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...