Saturday 15 June 2019

3D stencilled floral card with brushos


Hi all,

This is my first blog post with Colourcraft and I am both excited and honoured to be able to share my creative projects with you. I hope you will join me, comment, learn and share your experiences. I would also love to see what you create using the techniques that I show here.




Firstly, I took a piece of 300gsm white card.  I like to use 300 gsm as it takes all the water that I need to put on it.  I stamped a set of the flowers using onyx black versafine ink and my MISTI stamping tool to ensure a crisp image. I then die cut the flowers and leaves.




I sprinkled a small amount of lemon brusho powder onto the centre of a couple of the flowers and lightly spritzed them with water. It doesn’t matter if the colour runs into some of the petals. After all, flowers are a blend of several shades, colours and design.



I then sprinkled a little of the Rose Red brusho crystals onto my craft mat and spritzed them with water to create a runny wash.  Taking each flower, I dipped the edges of the petals into the red liquid.  Use as much as you like and tilt the flower in several different ways to achieve the look you are after.



Repeat for all the flowers. Remember no two will be the same.


Drop a small amount of the leaf green brusho powder onto the leaves and spritz with water.

Create a wash with the olive green brusho crystals and dip the leaves into it.  This tones down the bright leaf green and creates interest and contrast.  I found that if I just used the leaf green it was too bright for my liking but the olive green added a lovely depth to each leaf.

Repeat for all the leaves.





Either dry with a heat gun or leave to dry whilst preparing the background of the card.

Using a blending tool and distress inks I created a lattice style stenciled background to the left hand side of the card.  Using my fan brush and black paint, I added some splatters.  I then stamped a sentiment on the side as I felt would balance out the design.



To ‘curl’ the flowers, I used a stylus tool and a sponge – first from the back, I curled up the petals, one at a time and then turned it over. This gives depth and shape to each petal.



I arranged the flowers over the stenciling to create balance and layered some of the flowers to give double sets of petals. I then glued some beads into the centre of the flowers and mounted it onto a contrasting background card.

I hope you have enjoyed this and I would love to see what you create. Please tag me in your creations 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...