I have done quite a lot of 'pretty' projects recently so I was desperate to get back into my comfort zone and do something grungy and 'dirty'.
Altering an old book cover with expandIT paste and Brusho powders was the first that came to my head... and it was so much fun!!!
I started by creating an Olive Green base using Opaque Fabric Paint.
I did two layers to make sure the colour was deep and rich.
Now on to create some detail...
First was white lacy fabric which I coloured with Terracotta and Burnt Sienna.
The irregular shading looks so cool!
The photo frame and chipboard were dyed using the same Brusho powders; I added Copper SprinkleIT here and there for rusty look.
Here is the cover assembled before adding the ExpandIT paste.
I didn't use a stencil or palette knife - I just smudged it on the cover with my fingers. The more uneven the better as it will create various size bubbles when you heat it up.
The last step is to add colour to the whole cover - I used Sandstone, Terracotta, Olive Green, Gamboge, Burnt Sienna. I kept adding layers of colour, drying it in between until I achieved the book I wanted. I then added Copper SprinkleIT here and there.
It looks so cool!!!
There are so many things you can create with the ExpandIt paste!!!
I will share another idea on how to use it with you next time!
Until then... happy crafting!!!