Friday 17 January 2020

Love Notes

Hello and welcome back to the Colourcraft blog. Today I have some shimmery cards with a heart motif - perfect for Valentines or just a little note to a loved one.



I began by layering some Angelina fibres onto some baking paper.



I covered them with another layer of paper and pressed with a hot iron to fuse the fibres together.




Next, I used free-motion embroidery to stitch a heart motif on each piece.


Then I cut out the hearts with pinking shears.



I split apart one of the zig zag books of handmade paper to make individual squares and glued the hearts on top.


I splattered some acrylic ink onto the front of some black card blanks.


Finally I assembled the cards by layering the heart and khadi paper onto some red handmade paper before attaching to the card front.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...