Wednesday 22 January 2020

Heart Plaque with Suzi

Good Day All, Today it's my pleasure to share with you my latest creation using the wonderfully versatile Brusho Crystal Colour Powders.  

Our theme this month is 'Love is in the Air' so of course my project features a Heart.  I didn't want to go for a traditional Valentine's project as not everyone has some one to share Valentine's Day with, so I wanted to create a project that's suitable for anybody.  I want to remind people that it's important to love yourself and listen to your heart.


Here's how I created my project;

First of all I took an 8 x 8 inch MDF plaque and gave it a couple of coats of white gesso.  Using the Bubble Wrap Technique I created my background using Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in Prussian Blue, Purple, Turquoise, Emerald Green, Scarlet, and Gamboge 


Next I took some Cheese Cloth and using Prussian Blue and Turquoise Brusho Crystal Colour Powders changed it's colour.  Once dry I cut a couple of pieces off the main piece and glued to my plaque.


I then created my focal point, using the Small Heart Ploy Plate from Crafty Roo Designs and Scarlett Brusho Crystal Colour Powders.  I also took a piece of paper that I've created a Bubble Wrap Pattern on and stamped the main part of my sentiment on it with Black Ink.  I Fussy cut the Heart, and tore the paper around my sentiment, and then edged them both with Black Ink.


I then stamped the second part of the sentiment onto the bottom of my plaque and inked the edges of the plaque with Black Ink.


To finish my project I added the Heart and Sentiment, using some foam pads to raise the Heart.


I had a lot of fun working on this plaque, I created a few other projects using the same set of Brusho Crystal Colour Powders.  You can see Kym Martin from Crafty Roo Designs on Hochanda today at 10am (You can watch on catch up on Hochanda's website, if you miss the live show) Using the same selection of Brusho Crystal Colour Powders I've used.  It will be well worth watching as Kym has some wonderful demonstrations to share with you showing you a few easy techniques to make the most of your Brusho Crystal Colour Powders.

Thanks for visiting with us today
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...