Wednesday 19 December 2018

Resist Techniques and Brusho Colours Card by Karen

Hello! I'm back today with some of my favourite resist techniques using DesignIt paste (previously named Soft form paste) and embossing powders as a resist for the water soluble Brusho Crystal Colours to create a last minute card: Time is running out if you still have seasonal cards to make.

I used DesignIt paste on one layer of watercolour paper, passing this through a starry stencil.
Once this was dry, I added Grey and Ultramarine powders and sprayed them with water, letting them merge and run over and between the stars.

The focal stamped images were embossed with clear powder. I then sprinkled these with Sunburst Lemon before spraying them with water and the adding Gold SprinkleIT for extra shine. After another light spray of water, I brushed over these to make sure that the colour got in to every corner of the stars.

Once everything was dry, I mounted the base piece on white and then a kraft 15 x 15 cm card. With a little sentiment stamped in the corner, I would have been quite to happy to leave it there: I love this grungy look and the difference between the powders over the paste and on the paper. I used a paper distresser round the edges of the paper to emphasise the look.

I decided to add the stars anyway and they are very shiny! Cut out and layered over each other, they give the card a brighter, more seasonal look.

So, another card done: This one looks like it takes more work and longer than it does too as you can do other things while the layers are drying. The French 'bonne année' means happy new year and, of course, with a different sentiment this could be a birthday or other occasion card: Definitely one to repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...