Monday 10 December 2018

Snowflake Tags with Aztec Paints

Hello.  Gail here today and I am so excited!!!  Clare had a spot open up on the design team and she asked me if I would like to fill it.  Well, colour me happy and yes, yes, yes!!!

Today I am playing with Colourcraft Aztec paints.  I love these.  The colours are so intense and the shimmer is just amazing.  They do present a challenge to the photographer, especially on the grey dreary days we are having at the moment here in Norway, but in the real they are amazing.  Hopefully you will get the idea.........


I made a couple of tags using Colourcraft Aztec Silver Metallic and Aztec Blue Lustre paints.


I started by painting some sheets of card with the silver and blue paint using a large paint brush.  This paint dries very quickly when applied in a thin layer.


Then I ripped up one of the silver sheets and using a small flat brush I deposited a generous amount of the blue paint along the ripped egdes.  


I stuck the ripped pieces on a silver and a blue sheet I had painted and then cut out my tags using Gummiapan's Large Old Tag die.  I cut snowflakes from another of the blue painted sheets using Sizzix Snowflake 2 dies.  I added some bobbly wool and a bell to each tag cos it is the season to jingle!!  Before I added the snowflakes I thought the silver one was nicer, but now I don't know.  What do you think??

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you feel inspired to get painty today.  Hugz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...