Monday 10 September 2018

Yet another abstract canvas with Brusho by Ewelina

So... yes, I am still in progress in re-painting our house and after the living room and kitchen, it's time for the staircase and upstairs hall. The main theme of grey remains and we are planning to have a glittery pink theme wall - sounds cool, right? Hopefully it will also look cool once done.
In the meantime, I started working on a set of canvas that will be displayed in the upstairs hall, replacing the old, nature-themed one we had when the hall was green.


Instead of spending ages to look for the right size bak canvas, I decided to re-use the old ones... you know, recycling is good for the environment!


To make sure that the original design doesn't come through, I covered the canvas with two layers of white gesso.


Once the base dried, I started working on the background by stamping out some grungy designs (stamps are from AB Studio).


I the used my stencils and Memento Luxe ink to add even more background design.


Now it was time for some texture - stencil and texture paste did the job!


The colours I wanted for my canvas were Prussian Blue and Alizarin Crimson; I also used Iridescent SprinkleIT to add some sparkle to the design.
I kept adding both colour and SprinkleIT until I achieved the look I wanted, drying in between the layers.


Allow for the colours to flow into each other and mix which will create a gorgeous ombre effect.


My canvas are now living on one of the walls in the upstairs hall.
One down... three to go...


See you next time!





Warning: getimagesize(include/images/thumbnails/125/36618): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/smouwen.nl/thumblinky.nl/preview.php on line 85



4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...