Wednesday 29 April 2020

We're All Mad Here Journal Page with Suzi

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you an Art Journal Page I've created featuring Brusho Crystal Colour Powders, Koh-I-Noor Polycolour Pencils and some wonderful stamps.

The first thing I did was to take a page out of my A4 Art Journal, then using the Bubble Wrap Texture stamp from Crafty Roo Designs along with clear ink and white embossing powder I add texture to the top and bottom of my page.

Next it was time to add some colour to my page,  so I sprinkled the following colours of Brusho Crystal Colour Powders across the page in strips starting at the top with Ultramarine, Turquoise, Sea Green and finally Leaf Green at the bottom.

Once dry I used the Sketch Lines Texture stamp from Crafty Roo Designs and Green Permanent Ink to add lots of lines to the bottom of the page to give the impression of grass.


I then added Sketch Lines in Blue Permanent Ink to the top of the page to enhance the sky.


The Next step was to stamp my flowers to create my garden, I used a selection of Funky Flower stamps from Crafty Roo Designs.


To colour my flowers I created patterned papers with Brushos in shades of Blue, Purple and Orange, I then stamped my flowers onto them and cut them out ready to layer onto my journal page.


To colour the leaves I created a patterned paper with Brushos in shades of Green, stamped the leaves and then cut them out.


Before sticking the flowers and leaves down I decided to add some more texture behind them using the Cluster Texture stamp from Crafty Roo Designs.  Once I'd stuck the flowers and leaves down I added Blue inks to define the stems and flowers and edged the page with the same ink.  

I then added shading to the flowers and leaves with Koh-I-Noor Polycolor Pencils.


.I then decided to add some extra elements to my page, namely some Butterflies from Crafty Roo Designs, and Anya, Ian and Cat stamps from The Greeting Farm.

To finish the page I stamped my sentiment onto some leftover papers, cut the words out and edged with blue ink before sticking them to the page.  For final details I used a white pen to add highlights.


Here's a few closeups to show the details;




I had great fun creating this page, I love Alice in Wonderland and it's quite a while since I created anything inspired by it.  I love how the little characters make the flowers look really big and magical.
We are living in crazy times at the moment, so it's good to believe in a fantasy world were everything is beautiful and magical.  Hopefully our world will stop being quite so crazy soon, but in the meantime, lets all stay safe and look after each other.

Thanks for visiting with us today,
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...