Wednesday 15 April 2020

Mixed Media BookMarks and ATCs with Suzi

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you some fun Bookmarks and ATCs I've creating using Brusho Crystal Colour Powders, Koh-I-Noor Polycolor Pencils and some lovely stamps from Crafty Roo Designs.

Here's what I came up with;


Here's how I created them;

I'd previously created a sheet of Background Paper using Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in Gamboge, Sea Green and Alizarin Crimson, I had enough left to create my Bookmarks and ATCs.

For my project I've used the following stamps from Crafty Roo DesignsChirpEwe and Bible Journaling set 1

I cut my backgrounds to size, then punched some 2 1/2 inch circle out of white card stock and stamped my focal images onto them.


As you can see, I stamped onto one of the bookmark backgrounds creating a nice repeat pattern.

For the second ATC I decided to use the Ewe stamp, coloured with Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in Gamboge and Alizarin Crimson.  I painted water onto the areas I wanted coloured, sprinkled my Brushos and left to dry.


I painted all of my focal images with Brusho Crystal Colour Powders and left them to dry.  I also added a little blue and purple to my ATC backgrounds using the leftover Brushos I had on my glass mat.

Once dry I added my elements to the Bookmarks and ATCs and adding some final colouring and shading with my Koh-I-Noor Polycolor Pencils.   I used a Black Fineliner  and White Pen to add thin borders to my projects.

  Here's the finished results in detail;





I love how vibrant the colours are, that's one of the joys of Brusho Crystal Colour Powders they are pure pigment, so you can get really intense colour; add lots of water and you get really subtle colours too, so versatile and fun.

I hope you'll agree that the background papers were far too pretty to go into the bin, and made wonderful bases for these cute projects.

That's all from me for today, 
Happy Crafting and Stay Safe 
Hugs
Suzi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...