Friday 10 April 2020

Rainbow Cards - Simple Mixed Media Project

Hello and welcome back to the Colourcraft blog. 
Rainbows have become the universal symbol of support for our NHS and other Key Workers here in the UK at this time of crisis.



My easy mixed media cards would be the perfect way to offer a few comforting words to those around you.

I began by mixing up some Brusho and water in my travel palette:


I took a piece of watercolour paper and blended the three colours of Brusho to create a rainbow.


I repeated this on another piece of watercolour paper and allowed to dry.


I stamped my sentiments using Versafine Onyx Black ink.


I put some acrylic paint into a palette and found a scrap of bubble wrap.


Using a brush, I applied a small amount of paint to the bubble wrap and 'stamped' the pattern onto the card blanks.


Next I used an old bottle top to stamp circles using the paint.


Once the paint was dry, I matted the sentiment panels onto black card and attached them to the card fronts. I finished with a few sequins.


I hope that you enjoyed today's tutorial - you can make fun backgrounds using household 'junk'!!
#stayathome #staysafe 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...