Saturday 18 November 2017

Mixed Media Bird Houses by Sarah

Hi Everyone,

I have some fun tiny altered bird houses to share with you all today using, Brusho Crystal colours, lutradur, Expandit and Acrylic Spray Mists.


My first step was to create the leaves for the roofs by taking some lutradur and scraping a thin layer of expandit over the top and drying with a heat tool on both sides until completely dry

Once the lutradur/expandit was completely dry it has a foamy / thick velvety feel to it


then we apply some colour, I used a mix of brusho crystal powders and acrylic spray mists to achieve the look wanted which was an autumn feel for the leaves


I then  took my leaf dies and die cut them out of the lutradur/Expandit sheets ready to be added to the roofs of the birdhouses.

Next job was to paint the houses with a coat of white gesso before spraying and sprinkling with brusho crystal colours and spray mists... I love how they turned out

I also added some script stamping with black archival ink to add to the distressed look 


then to finish them off i layered some die cut leaves on the roof tops 


The textured result you get using the lutradur and expandit  is amazing


I hope you enjoyed today's project and I shall be back in a couple of weeks with another project using colourcraft products.

Thank you for popping in :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...