Saturday 4 November 2017

Mixed Media Winter by Sarah Allan

Hi Everyone!

Happy to be here with you on the blog today and sharing a lovely winter hanging piece that uses many fabulous products and many techniques too!


I think the first thing I have to be excited about it using the soft form relief paste for the first time, this stuff is amazing and I can't sing it's praises highly enough :)


In the picture above you cansee a charcoal and gold layer with chevrons... I took a 6 x 6 background stamp, spread a layer of soft form relief paste over top and then covered with a piece of 6 x 6 lutradur and let it dry naturally, then simply peeled it off my stamp when dry and added paint and sprays!

I also used quite a bit of tyvek too.. making a bubbled background and some tyvek beads, this substrate is so versatile!

I also used kozo papers (just under the reindeer) this rips lovely and takes colour well from brusho crystals and the acrylic sprays.. I also used wax resist on thewooden reindeer before applying brusho.. using colourcrafts wax sticks

I have to say I absolutely loved creating this piece .. and if there is enough interest and if you would like to see how each layer of this project was created, I will create a set of videos so you can see how each textured layer was done

The snowflakes were created using lutradur and expandit then run through a snowflake die on my die cutting machine.

I hope you enjoyed todays project and I look forward to seeing you all again in December :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...