Friday 11 October 2019

There's a Chill in the Air.....and a Chill down your Spine!

Hello - Teresa here again, and it's my favourite season! Time for ghosts and ghouls, pumpkins and black cats, and all manner of creepy cool characters!
I have created a piece of Halloween decor, to help set the mood for a spook-tacular party!


I began by taking a MDF circle to use as my base (you could cut a base from sturdy card). I covered it with crinkled up Tissuetex and matte medium.


Once dry, I added some wooden embellishments with a glue gun.


I painted the whole thing with black eco-acrylic and allowed to dry.


I used Brusho Shimmer Sprays in gold, bronze and copper to add colour and a wonderful metallic sheen to the piece. I used some charcoal Shimmer Spray to dull down an old Christmas frame ornament.


To finish, I attached the frame and added some Tim Holtz Paper Dolls, as well as some Halloween Quote Chips.



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial - it is so easy to create beautiful mixed media pieces with these Shimmer Sprays. Photos do not do them justice, as the colours change as the light catches the detail.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...