Wednesday 16 October 2019

Sparkle and Shine Index Cards with Suzi

Good Day All, Today it's my pleasure to share with you my latest creations using some of the wonderful products from the ColourCraft Store.  I've created a set of 3 Index Cards using Brusho Crystal Colour Powders, Metallic Acrylic Paints, Eco Acrylic Paints and Koh-I-Noor Polycolor Coloured Pencils.

Our theme this month is 'Chill in the Air' so I chose a colour palette of shades of blue and silver.

The first thing I did was take some Watercolour Card and cut it down to 6 x 4 inchs to use as my Index Cards.  I then sprinkled on some Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in Prussian Blue and Turquoise, activated them with a few sprays of water.


Next I added some stencilling using Eco Acrylic Paint in White and a mix of Prussian Blue and Payne's Grey.


I then added another layer of stencilling to create more depth.


Next I created my focal images, which are Stars hand cut from watercolour card.  I added a splashes of Eco Acrylic Paint in the Prussian Blue/Payne's Grey mix, then once that was dry I added a few coats of Silver Metallic Acrylic Paint.


I then decided to add a little of the Metallic Silver Acrylic Paint to my Index Card backgrounds, I mixed it with a little water.


I wanted to add a little bit of extra texture to my cards, so I took some blue metallic threads and pale blue netting and added it my index cards behind the silver stars.


To finish my Index Cards I added a sentiment sticker to each card and outline them with a Dark Blue Koh-I-Noor Polycolor Coloured Pencil.

Here's my finished cards;



Here's a close up from the side to show the wonderful sparkle from metallic paint.


I had great fun creating these Index Cards. I love the Eco Acrylic Paints they are so highly pigmented and mix beautifully together. The Metallic Acrylic Paints are gorgeous too, and have so much shimmer to them, they add a lovely contrast to Matt finish of the Eco Acrylic Paints.

That's all from me today, I do hope you've enjoyed seeing how I created my projects.
Thanks for visiting with us today
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...