Recently I was poking around on Instagram and I found a very cool book artist (@daveykit) who was making some miniature books using buttons as covers! Very cute, I must try this!
Here is how I did it.
First I took a page and a half from an old dictionary and added some color/texture with Brushos in Gamboge and Olive Green.
I then glued on some red thread in a random pattern with a gel medium.
I then added some other patterns on top with thicker black and white threads.
One thing I had to bear in mind was that my buttons are 1" in diameter- so any patterns I made need to fit in that dimension.
Next I cut out my "pages" using a 1" punch.
I then glued a 1/8" ribbon along the back sides of my front "pages". I made sure to leave enough ribbon between the pages so I could fold them together later.
Next I glued the backs on the pages and the buttons on the ends.
Here is how the book looks fully opened up on the "right" side. I love both sides though.
The book looks like this completely closed.
It's so cute!
We'd love to see what you do with this project idea!