Friday 25 October 2019

Snowflake Artist Trading Cards

As Autumn is heading towards Winter, I have a simple project featuring some pretty metallic snowflakes. These Artist Trading Cards make great card toppers - make a few in advance and you won't be stuck for a last minute Christmas card!



I began by spritzing some water onto a piece of watercolour card. Top tip: if your card starts to curl, then spritz a little water on the back and it will flatten out again). I sprinkled some Prussian Blue, White, Grey and Black Brushos onto the damp card and spritzed again to start moving the colour.




I found some laser cut wooden snowflakes in my stash (you could use die cuts or punched shapes too). I gave them a couple of coats of metallic fabric paint. This paint is super versatile and not just for fabric.



Once the background was dry, I cut to ATC size - 2.5 x 3.5 inches and added a little black ink around the edges. I glued the snowflakes in place and added a festive sticker to finish.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...