Friday 5 July 2019

Tyvek Flowers - Upcycled Brush Pot

Hello - Teresa here with another project using some cool ColourCraft products.
This time I have upcycled an old Turkish Delight container into some funky storage for my paintbrushes. I used Tyvek to create some dimensional flowers to use as embellishments.



I began by spraying the Tyvek fabric with Brusho Acrylic Sprays and Brusho Shimmer Sprays. Be sure to saturate both sides as the colour will dry much lighter on this manmade material.


Once dry I cut out lots of circles in different sizes.


I layered these together and added a fancy brad in the centre.



Next I took my heat gun and gently heated the flowers until the edges began to crinkle and melt, giving the flowers dimension.


I added some gilding wax around the edges to highlight the texture and add shine.


I measured and cut a piece of mixed media paper to fit around my container and used a credit card to scrape ultramarine and turquoise Eco Acrylic paint randomly over it.


Then I added some interest with bubble wrap and orange Eco Acrylic paint.


I wanted a bit of shimmer on this piece too, so added a little Brusho Shimmer Spray in Bronze. Instead of spraying, I unscrewed the lid and splatted blobs of shimmer on the painted background.


Once dry I glued the paper to the container and added some twine.



Finally I used a glue gun to attach the flowers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...