Saturday 27 July 2019

Dragonfly Tag



I love to have a stash of tags available to give for birthdays or to send to friends with a meaningful sentiment on them.  
I also love dragonflies, so this week, I have teamed them up together and created this tag for you. I hope you enjoy!


I started by applying some crackle paste randomly through a stencil with a plastic palette knife. Depending on  how thickly you apply the paste, it can take anywhere from between half an hour to a couple of hours to dry and crackle nicely.  I left this one overnight.


I then spritzed the card with water and sprinkled some sea green brusho powder over it.  I spritzed it with more water to ensure that it covered the tag well. 


I then applied distress oxides through a stencil with my blending sponges.  Here I used the colour 'frayed burlap'.




I selected a different stencil and applied 'lucky clover' distress ink over the top of the previous stenciling to give extra depth.



I stamped my favourite dragonfly stamp using versafine onyx black and blended a little of the 'frayed burlap' distress ink around the edges to bring the design together.  I snipped the sides at the top of the tag and made a hole in the centre at the top through which I tied two co-ordinating ribbons.

Voila!  
I hope you enoyed this little tutorial and I hope that you will make some too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...