I thought I would do another Christmas project for you today as it ties in with a workshop I am doing at Stampers Grove in Edinburgh today and this is the exact project we will be making..
This is an A4 sized chipboard christmas tree on a slotted stand, and I will explain the stages below on how I created it..
- Step 1 paint the whole tree in a layer of white gesso to protect the chipboard and prepare the surface
- Step 2 add your bits n bobs, I went for gears and steam punk bits n bobs adhere with matte medium
- Step 3 once dry apply another layer of gesso
- Step 4 once dry apply your colourcraft acrylis spray mists, aztec lustres and shimmer spray mists.
- Step 5 Dry your spray and dry brush with aztec metallic paints
This will allow you to colour co-ordinate your tree with your christmas colour scheme in the home
Plus it is a great way to use up all your bits n bobs you have lying around and turn it into something quite special and unique!
I hope you like today's project and I shall see you all again in a couple of weeks