Monday 11 December 2017

Beary Christmas by Terri Koszler

As Christmas draws closer I find myself trying to make some last moment gifts and decorations, so today I am sharing an easy Christmas project that could be used in many ways.



Starting with a round cork coaster I add a layer of blue Aztec Eco Metallic paint to represent the sky, I dont bring the sky to the bottom of my coaster as I am going to be adding some snow.



I then add some little stars using a stencil and pearl soft form relief paste



Next I stamp and fussy cut a Polar bear from a stamp set I got free with a craft magazine. I add a sparkle to the bear using a sparkle pen in my stash.



I placed the bear on some foam tape and added it to the coaster



I then add a layer of  EXpandit 3D expanding medium to the base of the coaster to give the impression of snow.  It's only when heated that you see the magic happen, it starts to expand and bubble creating a lovely texture.






You could use the coaster as a tree decoration by punching a hole in the top and threading some twine or ribbon through the hole. You could even add it to the front of a card with some re positional tape and the recipient can then remove the decoration and keep it for years to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...