Monday 9 October 2017

Wintery canvas postcard with Ewelina

Hello! Ewelina here.

Today, I have for you a simple postcard. 



The unusual thing about it is that it's not a paper but a canvas one. Yes, you read it right - a canvas postcard. I think that the quirky and unusual cards are more memorable than the traditional ones so I love the double-sided canvas/burlap cards.


Here's what you'll need for the project ^^^^

Let's start...



From Lutradur, cut out 3 tree silhouettes, paint them green with Opaque Fabric Paint and dry with a heat gun to give them texture and dimension. That's your prep done!


Next is the background... I chose the canvas side of the 'postcard' as it's more paint friendly.


Dab blue fabric paint on the top 2/3 of the background - that's your sky.


With white paint, add dimension and depth - just go for it. The less you think about it, the better. I did and it worked!


Now, the grass - same as before, just dab the green paint on the bottom 1/3 of the background.


And again, white paint over it to make the top and bottom blend. Easy, right?!

Now that your background is ready, you need your trees...


Stick them slightly overlapping each other - it makes them look better.

You could finish your card here. I wanted to add the wintery, snowy feel to it so I kept on playing...


With the same dabbing brush, I randomly added ExpandIT to the trees and the grass hoping that after heating it up, it will create a snow-like effect...


... and it did! I am very happy with the result!

Hope you like it too!!!


Have a great day!

Ewelina







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...